1.PROCUREMENT OF ICT GOODS AND PRODUCTS
Under this category, the ICT goods and products which must be submitted to NITA-U shall include the following:
I. IT Hardware and Equipment
Hardware in this case includes but is not limited to the following;
- Servers such as; blade servers, stand-alone servers,
- Storage an backup equipment such as; robotic arms, backup tapes, hard disks, disk expansions, clustered and dedicated storage servers.
- Network and security equipment such as; access points, routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, intrusion/detection/prevention systems.
- Datacenter/ server room works and services.
- End point devices such as; laptops; desktops, tablets and printers.
NITA-U expects to review all procurements for ICT hardware and equipment. These must be in accordance with the guidelines and standards for acquisition of information technology hardware and software for Government entities. (https://www.nita.go.ug/publication/guidelines-and-standards-acquisition-it-hardware-software-mdas )
Exception: NITA-U does not expect to review procurements for IT consumables such as; printer cartridges, printer ribbons, fax and copier supplies, computer accessories such as; Compact Disks, laptop screens, USB accessories and mousepads.
Software in this case includes but is not limited to the following;
- System software including computer operating systems and network operating systems.
- Utility software such as backup software, system management software and file management software.
- Application software including general purpose software, specialized software and bespoke software.
- Application development tools such as compilers and linkers, used to translate and combine computer program source code and libraries into executable programs.
- Security software such as end point protection systems, network service management systems, firewall/intrusion/detection/prevention systems and encryption systems.
- Web development and management software such as; content management software, web development software and web hosting software.
- Office Productivity suites and related software including collaboration systems, email software, tele-conferencing and video conferencing, mobile messaging software.
- Network management and monitoring software.
No Exception: NITA-U expects to review all procurements related to ICT software. These must be in accordance with the guidelines and standards for acquisition of information technology hardware and software for Government entities. (https://www.nita.go.ug/publication/guidelines-and-standards-acquisition-it-hardware-software-mdas )
2.PROCUREMENT OF ICT SERVICES
Under this category, the ICT services which must be submitted to NITA-U shall include the following:
I. ICT Consultancy Services
Consultancy services include any services obtained to provide advice, design of an IT enabled service, business automation, strategies, guidelines, a road map for sourcing, utilizing and managing IT assets and resources.
Consultancy services are defined as any support extended to organizations in form of best practices for using IT solutions and services for their business objectives. These may include but not be limited to;
- ICT strategy
- Project and program management
- Solution provision
- Integration and Enterprise Architecture
- IT Service management
- Software Consultancy, solution design and development
- Business process management
- Information security and IT security audits
- Information and records management
- Risk Management
- Enterprise, business and information architecture
- Business continuity planning
- Quality assurance and compliance
- Information Technology Services
- Auditing and assessing computer operations
No Exception: NITA-U expects to review all procurements related to ICT consultancies for both individuals and consultancy firms.
II. Other ICT Services
ICT Managed Services arrangements is a scenario in which the supplier agrees to provide a business or ICT capability to an agreed level of performance – this Managed Services Arrangement can be for, but not limited to:
- ICT Services: providing services such as management of computer and storage devices, data centers and back-office systems including email, back-ups and other applications.
- Infrastructure and Network Management Services: including management of network devices, cabling, internet backbone services, systems security and accessibility.
- Collaboration Services: providing services such as unified messaging, email, web content management and workspaces.
- ICT Management Capability: providing services such as service desk and desktop support, computer hardware servicing, repair and maintenance, leasing or rental of ICT equipment.
- Integrated ICT and Business Capability: providing services such as enterprise architecture review.
Other ICT services include but are not limited to;
- Hosting and IT infrastructure provisioning services including; website hosting services, application service provisioning and other hosting and IT provisioning services.
- Infrastructure and Networking Services: including management of network devices, cabling, internet backbone services, systems security and accessibility.
- Software licensing and maintenance services.
No Exception: NITA-U expects to review all procurements related to ICT services.