Supply and Installation of Equipment and Management System to Connect Government Entities to the Government Network - Invitation for Bids (IFB)
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM-UGANDA PROJECT (RCIP)
Supply and Installation of Equipment and Management System to Connect Government Entities to the Government Network
Loan Credit No: 5635-UG
IFB Number: NITA-U/RCIP/SUPLS/16-17/00014
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on 3rd July 2015
2. The Government of Uganda represented by National Information Technology Authority- Uganda (NITA-U) has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of the Regional Communications Infrastructure Program Phase 5 – Uganda and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Supply and Installation of Equipment and management System to Connect Government Entities to the Government Network.
3. NITA-U serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Supply and Installation of Equipment and Management System to Connect Government Entities to the Government Network.
The scope of the project shall involve the following activities:
(i) Conduct field surveys jointly with NITA-U’s project team.
(ii) Develop detailed designs.
(iii) Ensure all equipment are manufactured and inspected by NITA-U appointed resource to confirm compliance with network design and industrial standards requirements.
(iv) Provide safe and temporary storage for project material during project implementation.
(v) Deliver and install all equipment and systems in accordance with the approved design plan and technical requirements.
(vi) Configure, test and commission all network equipment as per design and technical requirements.
(vii) Integrate all network elements in the Network Management System (NMS) for central monitoring and management at the NOC.
(viii) Conduct standard security verification for all network sub-systems implemented.
(ix) Participate in all stakeholder engagement works in 14 different locations of North(2), North East(1), East(3), Central(2),West(2) South West(3) West Nile(1), service cutover to the newly installed system that my require downtime and training of the entire project team to adequately prepare them to support the beneficiaries.
(x) Ensure the client has real-time access to all project documentation as in section V (GCC 19.1, 19.5, 21.3.1) throughout the project life cycle.
(xi) Handover a fully operational and well-documented network infrastructure solution and any remaining useful project material (spares) at project closure.
(xii) Provision of customized product training at the successful bidder’s full-fledged training center for key NITA-U staff on requisite technologies and concepts to be implemented under the last mile project to Systems/Network Security Expert(1), Network Administrators(4), Access Network/Transmission and Implementation Engineers(3), Projects/Management(2). The Personnel to undergo technical and management training shall be Ten (10) with both classroom like and practical hands-on exercises(simulated) to build local capacity enabling such technical and management personnel to understand how the system works and to have the ability to maintain and manage it.
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, edition of January 2011 revised July 2014, and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
(i) Must have developed and implemented at least three (3) projects of similar scope. The Bidder should submit details of the relevant implementation project references, Letters of Certification (from clients or certified auditors) and contact information (i.e. telephone and e-mail addresses) of clients to support the claims of previous experience;
(ii) Must have at least five (5) years’ experience in deployment of hybrid networks involving optic fibre and wireless Point-to-Point technologies. This is specific to ensure the bidder has the prerequisite knowledge to interconnect with either optic fiber or wireless terminal equipment at the point of interface and not in any way for the construction of either optic fiber or wires network.
(iii) Must demonstrate average annual turnover of twice the bid price for the past three years, i.e., 2014, 2015 and 2016; and the company shall be required to prove profitability over the period stated.
(iv) Must provide certification of engagement and availability of all the proposed staff for the project signed by the staff (Bidders will be required to use the sample form 3.5.6 and 3.5.6a provided under Section VII Sample Forms in the bidding document).
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the National Information Technology Authority – Uganda (NITA-U) and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 09:00Hrs to 16:00Hrs. A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held on 13th April, 2018 at 11:00am
6. A hard copy set of the bidding documents may be purchased by interested Bidders on submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of UGX 180,000 or equivalent in any freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) bank account number: 006550058000001, customer name: National Information Technology Authority, Uganda (NITA-U), account title: NITA-U local revenue expenditure account, bank name: bank of Uganda swift code: ugbaugka. The document will be picked by the potential bidder from the address given below.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 1100Hrs, 24th May, 2018. Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security. The amount of Bid Security required is USD 60,000. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 1110Hrs, 24th May, 2018
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software and hardware is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
National Information Technology Authority of Uganda
Plot7A, Rotary Avenue
P. O. Box 33151,
Tel: +256(417) 801038,
Email Address: email@example.com