Provision of Connectivity (Leased Lines) of Government Entities to the Government Network (NBI) - Invitation for Bids (IFB)
INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM-UGANDA PROJECT (RCIP)
Provision of Connectivity (Leased Lines) of Government Entities to the Government Network (NBI)
World Bank Loan Credit No.: 5635-UG
IFB Number: NITA-U/RCIP/SRV/16-17/00059
1.This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on 3rd July 2015.
2.The Government of Uganda represented by the National Information Technology Authority – Uganda (NITA-U) has received a credit from the International Development Association towards the cost of the Regional Communications Infrastructure Program (RCIP) Phase 5 Uganda project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract(s) for Provision of leased lines for connectivity of selected Government entities and Target User Groups to the Government network (NBI).
3.NITA-U serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Provision of leased lines for connectivity of selected Government entities and Target User Groups to the Government network (NBI). The objectives for the project include the following:
(i) Reduce the cost of connectivity and ICT services access through affordable, quality and innovative delivery mechanisms;
(ii) Enable NITA – U roll out e-Government services such as online education, and e-health that are dependent on the accessibility to high speed connectivity services to the rural schools and hospitals;
(iii) Promote the BPO industry across the country through the delivery of affordable connectivity in all the towns that will be covered by the National Backbone Infrastructure (NBI).
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, edition of January 2011, revised July 2014), and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines that meet the following minimum qualification criteria stated in section III of the bidding document:
(i) Audited accounts for the last three years reflecting an annual turnover or an average annual turnover of at least twice the bid price.
(ii) Evidence/documentation of at least (three) (3) similar contracts i.e. provision of leased line services that individually or in summation are at a comparable scale as this, undertaken in the past five years including current year
(iii) Experience of at least five (5) years in the provision of last mile services across the country.
(iv) At least 5 operational service level agreements (SLA) with other operators and/or customers.
(v) The supplier must demonstrate sufficient technical capacity to provide support to the services in terms of maintenance, assuring service uptime as per the agreed SLAs. Bidder should further demonstrate how they shall provide technical support to all the sites connected, including the number of staff per region and the proposed SLA.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from NITA-U and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below and at www.nita.go.ug from 0900Hrs to 1600Hrs. A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held on 11th April, 2018 at 1100hrs.
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by bidders at the address given in 9 below against a nonrefundable instant fee of USD 50 (Fifty Dollars) or USH 180,000. The method of payment will be by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) bank account number 006550058000001, customer name: National Information Technology Authority- Uganda (NITA-U), account title: NITAU local revenue expenditure account, bank name: bank of Uganda swift code: UGBAUGKA. The document will be picked by the potential bidder from the address given in (9) below. Soft Copies shall be provided to bidders who have paid for the hard copy.
7. Bids shall be valid for a period of 180 days after bid closing. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 1100Hrs, on 22nd May, 2018. Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security. The amount of Bid Security required is USD 140,000. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend at the address below at 1110Hrs on 22nd May, 2018
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
9. National Information Technology Authority of Uganda
Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue, Palm Courts
P. O. Box 33151, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256(417) 801041/2,
Email Address: email@example.com