Finance Assistant /Administrator (NITA - U SACCO)
NITA- U SAACO invites suitably qualified individuals to apply for the position of Finance Assistant /Administrator.
JOB TITLE: FINANCE ASSISTANT/ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: SACCO BOARD
DURATION: 1 YEAR CONTRACT (RENEWABLE)
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure accurate and proper management of NITA-U SACCO activities and running.
Key Results Area/Accountabilities
• Ensuring timely and accurate recording of all transactions.
• Honouring members’ requests for funds from savings in a timely and efficient manner
• Prepare all relevant documents to support the smooth functioning of the SACCO including but not limited to policies, manuals and forms.
• Updating member’s accounts and informing them on the status of their accounts quarterly
• Reconciling all Check-offs and other remittances with ledgers and member Accounts.
• Performing Bank Reconciliations and other Account Reconciliation.
• Assist the Board to implement Checks and Controls.
• Preparation of the Sacco Budget and monitoring of the budget
• Ensuring that all transactions involving the Sacco expenditure are properly authorized.
• Advising the SACCO Board on the day to day SACCO Business.
• Preparing members loan application forms and ensuring proper documentation and filing of all documents.
• Receiving members Savings, share capital and receipting all and ensuring all funds are banked on time
• Producing timely reports including loan analysis sheets every month and annual financial reports.
• Preparation of all SACCO Meetings and following up on agreed actions
• Undertaking promotional activities to grow SACCO membership and uptake of products.
• Performing any other duties as may be required from time to time
• Degree with honours in BCOM, BBA accounting, Bachelors of Finance and Accounting from a recognised University is a requirement.
• An Accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage
• Good communication and analytical skills with track record of ability to meet strict reporting deadlines.
• Computer skills (Preferably Microsoft office Applications).
• Ability to work on own initiative;
• Excellent business acumen.
• Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership.
• Analytical and problem –solving skills.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills;
• At least one year working experience with a reputable organization.
• Experience of Accounts Assistant/cashier is an added advantage.
Interested applicants should deliver the application letters, curriculum vitae to the address below not later than 22nd November 2018 (17.00hrs) Kampala time.
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (Former Lugogo bypass)
P.o Box 33151, Kampala, Uganda
Telephone : +256 417 801012