EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES (Director Planning, Research and Development and Director e-Government Services)
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, The Authority is under the general supervision of the Ministry of Information Communications Technology and National Guidance (MOICT&NG).
The National Information Technology Authority, Uganda was established with a mandate to coordinate, promote and monitor the development of IT in the context of social and economic development of Uganda.
NITA-U seeks to recruit highly skilled, experienced and motivated qualified Uganda Nationals with a dream of building their professional careers in a dynamic and fast growing sector to fill the following positions:
1. DIRECTOR PLANNING, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
The Director shall be responsible for coordination and providing leadership including overall direction, administration and control of the planning, monitoring & evaluation, performance reporting; standards, policies and frameworks development; IT Capacity building and skills development; and research functions of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: - Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Software/ Computer Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or in any other ICT related discipline from a recognised institution;
- A Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer science, Statistics or their equivalent or a closely related fi eld is a requirement;
- Professional IT Certifications such as Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), Certified Data Analyst (CDA), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), MCSE (Data Management and Analytics), Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) or related field is an added advantage.
- A PhD in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics or their equivalent or a closely related fi eld is an added advantage.
- Qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- A minimum of Ten years’ experience in Planning and Management part of which should have been in Information Technology in a reputable Public or Private Organization, fi ve years of which should have been at Management Level;
- Demonstrated research management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning in a Government organization will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and management.
2. DIRECTOR E- GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director will be responsible for coordination and providing leadership in planning, implementing, coordinating, overseeing and promoting e-Government initiatives in order to make government services available online to citizens, businesses and the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fi elds: - Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Software/ Computer Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or in any other ICT related discipline from a recognised institution;
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), eGovernment Services or in any other ICT related discipline from a recognised institution;
- Accreditations from relevant professional bodies/associations in systems development and management are a requirement
- Ten years’ experience in management of enterprise IT systems of which 5 years should have been at management level;
- Experience at management decision-making level, in particular in managing complex information technology programs; Extensive experience in developing local solutions and leading customer-focused enterprise IT Solutions;
- Experience in development and implementation of enterprise architecture;
- Proven experience in digital transformation of organizations;
- Experience in development and management of shared IT services.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are required to complete and submit a NITA-U Application Form (which can be downloaded from https://www.nita.go.ug/publication/job-application-forms) with a cover letter, supported by a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, email addresses of both the applicant and three referees to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application shouldn’t be more than 10MBs)
The deadline for applications for the positions is 26th October 2020. (Not later than 1700 hrs. Local Time).
No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above) and copies of academic documents. All hand delivered applications MUST be stapled.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation, influence peddling and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in one’s favour, will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.