PROVISION OF INTERNET BANDWIDTH THROUGH THE NATIONAL DATA TRANSMISSION BACKONE INFRASTRUCTURE (NBI)
One of the services, being provisioned by the National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) through the National Data Transmission Backbone Infrastructure (NBI) to the Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and Local Governments (LGs) is INTERNET BANDWIDTH.
The provision of Internet Bandwidth to MDAs through the NBI is based on the Strategy for Rationalization of Information Technology (IT) Services which was approved by Cabinet in 2012.
The Strategy emphasises the use of the NBI as the primary vehicle for all Government Data, Internet and Voices services.
PROCESS OF ONBOARDING MDAs TO UTILIZE INTERNET BANDWIDTH THROUGH THE NBI
1. MDA requests for service or NITA-U identifies and comes in to service the need
2. NITA-U through Soliton Telmec (Contractor) conducts survey at the MDA premises to establish the requirement for provision of connectivity and Internet Bandwidth
3. Parties (NITA-U and the MDA) sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
4. NITA-U through Soliton Telmec extends connectivity to the MDA
5. MDA Confirms the Internet Bandwidth/Capacity to be provisioned by NITA-U
6. MDA tests the service for a period of one (1) week
7. MDA signs the Acceptance Certificate
8. NITA-U commences billing of the MDA for the Internet Bandwidth provisioned
9. Network Monitoring by NITA-U, Soliton and MDA
For further enquiries on the same you may contact us through the E-mail provided below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed Service Migration Process and Plan can be downloaded from the link below.