Request for Expression of Interest for the Provision of Consultancy Services to Conduct a National Information Technology (IT) Survey NITA-U/CONS/16-17/00073
The National Information Technology Authority–Uganda (NITA-U) was established by the National Information Technology Authority–Uganda Act, 2009 to coordinate promote and monitor Information Technology (IT) developments in Uganda within the context of National Social and Economic development.
It is the responsibility of NITA-U to ensure that reliable and timely national IT statistics are provided.
To respond to the dynamic statistical needs and enhance the production of reliable and timely National IT statistics, NITA-U developed a five year Strategic Plan for Statistics whose focus is on the provision of quality IT statistics for informed policy and decision making.
In an effort to enhance availability of relevant and accurate information on access, usage and perception about IT in Uganda for internal and external reporting on a regular basis, NITA-U would like to procure a firm to undertake a comprehensive National IT Survey.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services including:
(i) Designing the survey that should be geographically representative of all the regions of the country as designated by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics and develop the tools to be used,
(ii) Organising and conducting two (2) stakeholder engagement workshops (consultative and validation workshops).
The Consultant’s role will be to manage the workshop, present the findings and record the deliberations and produce the rapporteur’s report.
In addition, the Consulting Firm shall organize all logistical requirements for the workshop including but not limited to procuring the venue, food and beverages, public address systems, stationery, rapporteur and sending out invitations.
(iii) Developing and executing the communication strategy in relation to the assignment
(iv) Recruiting and equipping team members and staff with the requisite skills,
(v) Collecting, cleaning and processing the data collected in this assignment,
(vi) Synthesizing and analysing data collected,
(vii) Producing reports including cleaned datasets in both soft and hard form to NITA-U
(viii) Developing a data management system (that is updateable) on IT status in Uganda,
The shortlisting criteria are as follows:
1. Previous experience in at least 3 assignments similar in scope and value.
2. A description of the methodology including the indicators for assessing availability, access and usage, affordability and satisfaction of IT infrastructure, equipment and services among government organisations, business enterprises, households and individuals/public; and work plan for performing the assignment.
3. Availability/presence of technical expertise in survey design in IT access and usage by households and individuals, government and business; IT and e-Governance development issues; project and programme implementation; planning and policy development.
4. A list of proposed staff by specialty, the tasks that would be assigned to each staff member and their timing. Estimates of the total staff input (professional and support staff-time) needed to carry out the assignment supported by bar chart diagrams showing the time proposed for each professional staff team member.
5. Assignment risks register.
The consulting firm shall be required to identify potential issues and/or risks that will require special attention, indicating the level of interventions and/or involvement required from NITA-U and/or other parties.
This register will have to be maintained all through the life of this assignment.
The interested firms should also submit a detailed company profile, contact address, and Names of Directors of the Company.
Consultants may associate with other firms in form of a Joint Venture or a Sub – consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
The type of association whether a joint venture or a sub consultancy should be clearly indicated in the Expression of Interest and for sub consultancy associations indicate which firm is the lead firm.
Consultants are encouraged to associate with Local Firms in Uganda.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 17:00 hours East African Time (EAT) on working days and from the NITA – U website (http://www.nita.go.ug)
Expressions of Interest clearly marked “Expression of interest to provide consultancy services for conducting to conduct a national information technology (IT) survey must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail by 6th December 2016.
National Information Technology Authority – Uganda Palm Courts,
Plot 7A Rotary Avenue (Former Lugogo Bypass)
P.O. Box 33151 Kampala, Uganda
Email: email@example.com (should be less than 10MB)