Invitation for bids (IFB) for the design, installation and commission of a cloud infrastructure solution for the government of Uganda.
IFB Number: NITA-U/RCIP/SPLS/16-17/00007
World Bank Loan/Credit Number: 5635-UG
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on 3rd July 2015
2. The Government of Uganda represented by the National Information Technology Authority Uganda (NITA-U) has received a credit from the International Development Association towards the cost of the Regional Communications Infrastructure Program Phase 5 - Uganda, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Design, Installation and Commissioning of a Cloud Infrastructure Solution for Government of Uganda.
3. NITA_U serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Design, Installation and Commissioning of a private Cloud infrastructure solution for Government of Uganda. The scope of the Cloud Infrastructure solution assignment will include:
a) Private cloud infrastructure including backup, recovery and replication for both the Primary Data Centre and Secondary Data Centre/ Disaster recovery site.
b) Cloud management and security platform with encryption, risk and compliance management features for both the Primary Data Centre and Secondary Data Centre/ Disaster recovery site.
c) Data Centre security for both the Primary Data Centre and Secondary Data Centre/ Disaster recovery site.
d) Data Centre networking for both the Primary Data Centre and Secondary Data Centre/ Disaster recovery site.
e) Data Centre facilities upgrade for both the Primary Data Centre and Secondary Data Centre/ Disaster recovery site.
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, edition of January 2011 revised July 2014), and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
a) Shall have developed and implemented at least two (2) Cloud/Data Centre infrastructure solution system of similar scope. Bidder Shall provide details of the relevant project references, letters of Certification (from clients or certified auditors) and contact information (i.e. telephone and e-mail addresses) of client to support the claims of previous experience;
b) Shall have at least 3 years of working experience with public sector in ICT especially in developing/design, installation of cloud/data center infrastructure solutions.
c) Shall demonstrate average annual turnover of at least twice the quoted bid price over the past three years, i.e. (2013, 2014 and 2015);
d) Shall provide a certificate of engagement and proof of availability of all the proposed staff for the project signed by the staff (Bidders will be required to use the sample form 3.5.6 and 3.5.6a provided under Section VII Sample Forms in the bidding document).
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from National Information Technology Authority – Uganda and inspect the bidding documents at the address given in (9) below, and at www.nita.go.ug from 0800Hrs to 1600Hrs. A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held on 13thJanuary 2017 at 10:00am after sites inspection on 11th January, 2017 at 10:00 am(Kampala) and 12th January , 2017 at 11:00 am (Jinja).
6. A hard copy set of the bidding documents may be purchased by interested Bidders on submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of UGX 180,000 or equivalent in any freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be to: the NITA-U Cashier or Electronic Funds Transfer(EFT) bank account number: 006550058000001, customer name: national information technology authority, Uganda (nita-u), account title: NITAU local revenue expenditure account, bank name: bank of Uganda swift code: ugbaugka The document will be picked by the potential bidder from the address given in (9) below.
7. Bids shall be delivered to the address below at or before 11:00 Am on 22nd February,2017. Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security. The amount of Bid Security required is USD 260,000. The bid security shall be valid for twenty eight days (28) beyond the bid validity period i.e 208 days after the bids submission deadline. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address in (9) below at 11:05am, on 22nd February ,2017.
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
9. National Information Technology Authority of Uganda
Plot7A, Rotary Avenue
P. O. Box 33151
Tel: +256(417) 801038,
Email Address: email@example.com